St Francis Hospital Buluba is a 120 bed hospital on the shores of Lake Victoria, 120 Km from Kampala in eastern Uganda. It was established in 1934 by the Franciscan Missionary Sisters as an isolation centre for leprosy sufferers but became operational as a general hospital by 2003. It still cares for leprosy patients but fortunately the problem is now less common. It serves a large rural area and delivers 1000 babies each year.
It also has a farm.
Medicaudit installed computers donated by Rotary Doctor Bank in 2013.
Rotary Doctor Bank sent a number of volunteers in 2015 – see their reports by clicking here
Rotary Doctor Bank sent Dr Andrea Taylor in 2016 and Dr Kenzo Saito in 2017