Nkokonjeru Hospital lies in the bush 48 km southeast of Kampala. It is a 60 bed hospital founded in 1926 by Mother Kevin-Kearney who started a dispensary from which it emerged. She pioneered in all branches of health and education for the local people especially in maternal and child health. In 1932, a general nursing training school was started to cater for the staffing needs of the now busy health unit. In 1959, the Little Sisters of St Francis took over the management of the maternity centre and dispensary. In 1981, it was reopened as a hospital with a full range of general hospital services. Uganda Ministry of Health posted the first Ugandan doctor to the hospital in the same year. The following year a new operating theatre and laboratory were constructed with the help of the local community. It is the only hospital serving a 166,000 rural population.
In July 2012 Medicaudit undertook computerisation of the outpatient medical records and accounts departments. A donation of four computers and one printer from Rotary Doctor Bank was delivered. Software was installed and training given.